NYSAVSA President's Award
Jeanne Carangelo, BS, CAVS
History of The President’s Award
In 2006, newly-elected President, Kathy Leonard, appointed honorary member, Kay Kantorowski, to chair the committee that would eventually lead the concept to fruition. The committee consisted of two honorary members, Richard Heim and Lynne Perry, and, with input from Kathy Leonard and Maria Burns, the fine points of the award concept (nomination criteria, application and notification processes, appearance and inscription of the actual award) were established.
We are pleased to announce that the first “NYSAVSA President’s Award for Professional Excellence” was presented at our annual professional development conference in Binghamton, NY in June, 2007 and every year since.
To recognize an individual who has demonstrated consistent leadership and service to NYSAVSA.
The nominee must be an active member, having held full membership in NYSAVSA for a minimum of five (5) years, and having actively participated in the organization. An active member will remain eligible, despite having left the organization, for any reason, during the present or preceding program year.
- Development of innovative program(s)
- Activities in local, regional and/or national organizations
- Acceptance of leadership roles
- Appointed by the President
- Five (5) members
- Initial committee comprised of three Honorary Members. Subsequent committees include up to (2) recipients (past Awardees) and an Honorary Member.
- AWARD: A Tiffany Pewter Tray to be inscribed with date, name and logo not to exceed $200.00 – No cash prize will be awarded
- February 15 – or two weeks before the Spring NYSAVSA Board Meeting
- By Spring NYSAVSA Board Meeting: nominees reviewed and Awardee selected by Selection Committee. Awardee name announced at Board meeting.
- Awardee notified immediately after announcement at Spring NYSAVSA Board Meeting either in person (if present at the Spring Board meeting), by phone or by letter from the Selection Committee Chair.
- By April 1 – Other nominees not selected are notified and congratulated by letter
- By May 1 – Notification to recipient’s organization’s CEO)